To unblock your camera/mic follow these steps:
- Click the camera icon — in your browser's address bar, top right
- Make sure that "Always allow" is selected
- Click done
- Refresh your browser
- You can also go to Chrome Settings > Privacy and Security > Site Settings > Click on vstudio.live > Reset Permission > Set “Camera” and “Mic” options to “Allow”.
Give camera and mic access to browsers:
- Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Camera.
- Click the box next to the browser you're using. It'll quit and reopen your browser.
- Do the same for Systems Preferences > Privacy > Microphone.
On Safari, just refresh the browser and allow camera/mic.
- On your Android device, open the Chrome app .
- To the right of the address bar, tap More (triple dots) > Settings.
- Tap Site Settings.
- Tap Microphone or Camera.
- Tap to turn the microphone or camera on or off.
- Look for vstudio.live under the Blocked list. If you see it BLOCKED, tap vstudio.live > Access your camera > Allow.
- Unblock BOTH camera and mic!
Typically, Safari prompts for camera/mic access for each class. This is a privacy setting imposed by Apple.
Refresh the page:
- Refresh the Safari tab
- You should be alerted for Microphone & Camera Access
- Tap "Allow"
If that doesn't work, see the steps below:
Check camera access is enabled on iOS:
- Open the Settings app
- Tap on Safari > Camera
- Scroll down to Camera & Microphone
- Confirm that "Ask" or "Allow" is checked
- Retry the "Refresh the page" steps, above.